Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ms accesss option group on report

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyer

Technical User
Mar 2, 2023
US
A list of all jobs performed is maintained in a log report binder that go back decades. (356 pages and counting) The real old jobs are unassigned and coded 99 just so the field isn’t left empty. The newer jobs are coded 1-7 via an option box on the job input form.
When a new job comes in, all of its job info is handwritten on next line of the log including making one selection for the type of job. (There are 7 columns on the print out and only one can be checked)
Here is a sample of the heading on my report
JOB# CLIENT LOCATION Type1 Type2 Type3 Type4 Type5 Type6 Type7
X
The job info is then entered in an Access form that contains an option box that handles the 7 job types so that the user can only select one. Once done, only the last page of the log needs to be reprinted.
My question is:
How do I get the option box to display all of its options in a report like above?
I tried 7 unbound text boxes and using a Select Case on the OnFormat event but all seven of the boxes get checked for each job.

bobbyer said:
How do I get the option box to display all of its options in a report like above?

I don't think you want it to look like this, do you:
X

I would assume you want something like this, right?[pre]
X[/pre]

Click 'Preview' before 'Submit Post' to see how your post will actually look like.

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

you're right. I will preview from now on

I expect you can use an option group bound to the field storing the 1-7 value.

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Thanks Duane. I did try an option group before but didn't understand how it worked on a report. (I've only dealt with them on a form.) I imagine it's similar to using a combo box and being able to select columns. I'll give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back