Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access VB 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardiac

Technical User
Feb 19, 2004
GB
Can anyone suggest a decent book to learn visual basic for MS Access.

Are these specific to Visual Basic programming....
...I have numerous books on Access but now need to go further, I have read lots of threads and would like to understand them.....
..things like me!, bookmark, recordsetclone, etc, etc.

They can help but you could also use the

VBA Developers Handbook

For Visual Basic for Applications help

In that case, forget the Access Bible and stick with the Developers Handbook. IMHO, no other Access reference rivals the ADH.

You might also take a look at the Access VB Help files. They can be a bit dry, but explain the basics rather well.

I believe WROX to have the most complete line and the VB Programming the most specific to your needs.

Rollie

F. Scott Barker "Access 2000 Power Programming" and Allison Balter "Access 2000 Development" from SAMS are also ok. And then there is O'Reilly's "Access Cookbook" from Getz, Litwin & Co. You will like to read it in the bathtub together with a cold beer.

georgp

Following on from Rolliee suggestion of the Wrox books. Suggest you have a look at Beginning Access 2000 VBA. I found the 97 version very good when I was starting out in the big bad world of programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back