Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access Report Help.... I'm Stumped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

catkins

Technical User
Aug 23, 2002
US
I have a report with the control source of a query. The two main fields that are causing the problem are store_nbr and project_nbr. The query resluts are as following:

store_nbr project_nbr
1 a
1 b
1 c
1 d
1 x
2 a
2 b
2 c
2 d
2 y
3 a
3 b
3 c
3 d
3 z

...and so on

I want to have the report to show:

The "Report Name" & store_nbr at the top of each page AT CHANGE in store_nbr but not on each page where store_nbr is the same.

So the report should look like:

(Page 1)
"Report Name" and 1
Detail:
a
b
c
(Page 2)
Detail:
d
x
--------------------
(Page 3)
"Report Name" and 2
Detail:
a
b
c
(Page 4)
Detail:
d
y
---------------------
(Page 5)
"Report Name" and 3
Detail:
a
b
c
(Page 6)
Detail:
d
z
--------------------

Having the report name in the Page Header works but is not desirable. I do not want the report name and store_nbr on every page just on the first page where store_nbr is different. Everything I've tried using the store_nbr in the Report Header has been unsuccessful. I've had no luck with Force New Page either. I hope I've explained what I want and the problem clearly. Maybe I am missing something obvious but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Chris

Should be easy. Go to View....Sorting and Grouping on the Menu Bar. Under Field/Expression select Store_nbr from the list. Then under Group Properties select Group Header and set it to Yes.
Put your Store_nbr field in this Header and your Report Name as well.
Then in the properties for this Header section set the Force New Page property to Before Section.

That should do it. You can either turn off your Report and Page Header/Footer's or set the height to 0 so they don't interfer with anything.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back