Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie131

MIS
Jun 23, 2005
CA
It has been awhile since I had to work on MS Access queries.

My workplace has an access query that kicks out no data when it is run. An older version of the Access file which points to the same datasheet .csv gives out the correct information.

Does anyone have anyone advice on how I can compare the 2 queries to see the difference.

There is a forum forum701 dedicated for MS Access queries and JET SQL.
Csv is a text file, access wizard creates custom rules to translate it to linked/imported table. I would check field names, field types, dates in both databases first, to know that both applications understand the data in the source file in the same way. If the tables in access are the same, make a copy of both queries, remove conditions and add them one by one in both copies, testing the output.

combo

Ok it is solved. Turns out one of the tables had been converted from linked to local so the data stopped updating and that is explained why the query shows different information than what the table was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back