Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access printing to wrong printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1ro

MIS
May 10, 2003
US
I'm having a problem with some people printing an access report. When they print the report...it prints to a printer that doesn't even exist on their machine. In access I went to page setup to make sure the default printer is selected...I even tried selecting a specific printer and choosing the one they want to print to. That works for a little while but then it goes back to printing to the wrong printer. All other applications are printing fine...it's only the access reports that are going to the wrong printer. Does anybody have any ideas on this?

Thanks,
Mike

did you capture a port? does your software point to a specific port, i.e. lpt1
do you use a login script that would setup to capture a port.
if you go to start, run, cmd
type net use
that will show you what network printers are captured.
ours is setup in login to capture the port automatically.

Nope there's no port capturing going on. I figured out a way to fix it...by making a local port pointing to the printers IP address. For some reason this seems to work...but now those people are bypassing the print server completely. The print server is properly configured otherwise all applications would be printing weird, and it's just access that's causing a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back