Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access Printing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

artmoffa

Programmer
Dec 4, 2000
US
I want to distribute an application that has several reports but if the user has a different printer than the one specified when I designed the reports, the page layout changes.

Is there a standard way to create a report that will print the same despite the printer used?

Your printer should not matter. Access sends all print information to windows default printer print queue. The print drivers then work out how to print the document. I suspect that your problem may lie in the Access 2000 bug. This causes reports to reset to default settings. For example if you designed a report in Landscape access sometimes resets the value to portrait. To prevent this get the SR1 update or disable perform auto name correction in tools/options/general.

hth

Chucky

I have been struggling with this 'reset' to default settings problem...until I bumped into your solution. How did you find this, as the checkbox under tools/options/general is not real intuitive. How can I find a list of other fixes available in SR1? Is SR1 the same as SR1a?
thanks,
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back