Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access Printing multiple copies of reports when only 1 is requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manny64

Technical User
May 1, 2001
CA
I have created a report and set it up as follows:

-the MAIN REPORT consists of data from one table. (the criteria for the ID number being set in the query the report is based on ie. [Enter Case ID #:])

-the 1ST SUBREPORT contains related data (ie. ContactPersons related to the ID number)

-the 1ST SUBREPORT contains yet another sub-report (lets call it 1ST SUBREPORT-LIST)

-the 1ST SUBREPORT-LIST contains data related to the ContactPersons in the 1ST SUBREPORT (ie. Addresses - multiple records as in Home, Business, Previous, etc...)

PROBLEM:
When I open to print up one report for a particular ID# I get 3 identical copies of the same report. NOTE: this particular record contains 3 address records for the same ContactPerson.

I tested it by adding a 4th address and resulted in 4 identical copies of the report. Then I removed one of the addresses (back down to 3) and resulted in only 3 identical copies of the report.

QUESTION:
How can I suppress the duplicate reports from printing up? NOTE: I cannot just PRINT 1ST PAGE, because the report contains memo fields where the CanGrow property is YES, and could possibly cause multiple pages for each ID# record.

I thank you in advance.

Does your subreport get it's data from the same query as the main report? And does this query produce multiple records for a single ID? You may want to consider changing the control source of the subreport if this is the case?

Just a thought...B-) ljprodev@yahoo.com
Professional Development
MS Access Applications

Thank you for your response. Actually I resolved the problem by using the SELECT DISTINCTROW in the query for the Main Report.

I don't know how to explain why it worked. It was suggested to me by someone at work. Perhaps for the benefit of others in this forum someone can explain it.

Thank you,
Manny64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back