Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access Print Problem - AutoCorrect Doesn't Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

artmoffa

Programmer
Dec 4, 2000
US
When I access my application's reports, if the printer is changed, the settings are changed.

For example, one report is designed to print on a 4X6 envelope, but when the Windows Default printer is changed, the report settings change to letter.

Chuckster76 responded that the problem might be solved by changing the tools/options/general "Autocorrect" option to no, but that did not solve the problem.

Can you design a report to a standard printer that will maintain settings?

IN my opinion, it would be easier to have the report check the 'selected' (Default) printer. If is not the one you want, save the name to a variable, itterate throught he list of printers untill you find the 'right' one, make it the default, print your "report", and (FINALLY) reset the default to what it was when your started. Sounds like a lot, but the code isn't much more than this description.

MichaelRed
mred@duvallgroup.com
There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back