Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access:Print Error due "could not lock table"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOlly

Programmer
Sep 5, 2002
AU
I have a macro which runs a number of queries which make/append to a table. The macro runs on the OnOpen Event of a sub-report; the sub-report control source is the table.
If I open the main report in preview mode and then click the PRINT icon I get the following error:
"The database engine could not lock table because it is already in use by another person or process" (Error 3211)
On clicking OK the Report prints everything except the pages containing the data from the table are blank. (They were visible and correct in the preview).
No other users are logged on.
Any ideas WHY?

If it's on a network drive, it could be a network permissions issue. Some of our users got a "could not lock file" error message, and it was the permissions on the network folder.

Linda Adams
Linda Adams/Emory Hackman Official Web site Official web site for actor David Hedison:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back