Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS ACCESS PICTURE INSERT

Status
Not open for further replies.

youdaman

Technical User
Dec 26, 2001
US
I would like to know if anyone has a slick way to insert an employee picture on a form so when the employee record is pulled up on the form, you see who they are?

Hi, Youdaman:

(Using Access2000)

Open your form in design view. Drag a bound ole object control to the location on your form where you want the picture, and size it.

In form view, select the employee record in which you want to put the picture. Right click inside the box. Follow the instructions: create using an existing file; browse, find the picture and select it. Link the picture to your form. Finished.

That's one way.

Good luck. :) Gus Brunston
An old PICKer
padregus@home.com

Gus,

I did the above and the item is showed as an icon even though I didn't select display as icon. I would like for it to be auto displayed so I don't have to double-click. The options in the auto activate property tab only allow double-click or manual. Is there code behind having it auto display? Also, It open the jpg in another program, is there a way for it to stay in the frame of the bound object? Tks....

Hi,

Well, I know that other people have had trouble linking pictures to the Access forms. I'm not able to reproduce the problem, so I'm not much help. They only edition of Access I've ever used is Access 2000.

Sometimes, when I'm having trouble doing something I know is supposed to work, I try to carefully read all the "help" and directions in each screen, and once in a while I find the thing I missed.

I recently reinstalled Office 2000, defragmented my hard drive and still couldn't overcome a very slow form. Finally, I had to create a new database and import tables, forms, queries and reports one by one to insure I didn't get the one corrupted object that was messing me up.

I hope someone else picks up on this and is able to help you. Best of luck.
Gus Brunston :cool: An old PICKer, using Access2000
gustrel@aol.com

I have no problem doing it manually. However, I ahve an inventory of 100 or so items. The pictures are all identified as ItemNumber.jpg in a secified directory.

Does anyone know how to generate the link automatically?

TIA

Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back