Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS-Access Oracle Connectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit00m

Programmer
Mar 7, 2011
GB
Hi Guys,

I have been struggling to make my MS-Access to Oracle connectivity program work on one of the users PC.

Below code works fine on my PC, but due to Oracle Client version conflict keep getting "The Oracle(tm) client and networking components were not found error" on users pc. Tried re-installing all Oracle client instances , but keep getting same problem again and again.

So tying to understand what could be wrong, just to drill down the problem , was planning to find out different ways of Oracle-MS-Aaccess connectivity - without having to install oracle client or some sort of creating a package which installs Oracle and makes everyone happy. Any thought or comments would be great help ...

Set conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

With conn

.ConnectionString = "Driver={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle}; CONNECTSTRING=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=vip.svr.test.jtcom.net)(PORT=1528))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=TC4U01)));User Id= tc4_uat1;Password= Pa55word;"

.Open

End With

Regards,

I would first establish whether you can make a connection to Oracle through ODBC Administrator. If you can't, then it is a basic connectivity issue that has to be worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back