Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access (Office 97 and 2000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don5215

Technical User
Jun 8, 2000
US
Need to know how to take a list of names all in one (1) field and seperate it out into Last, First, Middle. There's is a way to sort it to make it more "data friendly" Please help!!! Thank You!

If every entry is &quot;Fname Mname Lname&quot; export the list to a text file.&nbsp;&nbsp;Open it is Word and replace spaces with commas and do a &quot;Save As&quot; changing the name to a &quot;xxxx.csv&quot; type name.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Excel will now automatically load the new file into 3 columns. <p> Jeff<br><a href=mailto: masterracker@hotmail.com> masterracker@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most ...

Just export the table to Excel. Insert about 5 columns to the right of the name column. Select the entire name column and hit Data-Text to columns. <p> <br><a href=mailto:techsupportgirl@home.com>techsupportgirl@home.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>

There is another forum at this site specifically for Access questions. Check out the FAQ tab in that forum to see an Access-based solution.

Thank You all for responding. You've been helpful and my problem has been resolved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back