Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access office 365 will not close unless I end the program in Task Manager 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fino

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2007
US
I am running the latest updated version of Windows 10 Pro. I am also running Office 365 on my desktop. I use an MS Access split database on my machine with no problems until two days ago.

Now when I exit Access it closes on the screen but remains running in the TASK Manager. If I try to go to FILE info and run "COMPACT and REPAIR database" an error displays the file is already in use. To close Access I must go to Task Manager and end the MS Access task.

I have this program on another computer running Windows 10 Home and Office 365 and it works fine.
I tried running repair on Office 365 on the Window 10 Pro machine but that did not fix anything.

I also deleted the front and back-end files from my Windows 10 Pro machine. Then copied the files from my Windows 10 Home machine and pasted them into the Windows 10 Pro machine and that did not fix the problem.

I am lost on what is causing this issue. It must be something in my Windows 10 Pro machine that is different than that on the Windows 10 Home machine. They are both running the same software in 32 bit.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I figured it out after much aggravation. The problem was in the Trusted Locations. The User Locations path had SUB FOLDERS Disallowed. I changed it to Allowed and the problem is solved. I have no idea how the setting was changed from Allowed to Disallowed. Live and learn I guess.

Thanks for this info! I've had the same issue for a while now. But oddly it does not happen every time I close Access. I've made the change, fingers crossed this is the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back