Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access Logon Prompt - RAS 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2002
US
I am trying to connect to an MS Access database from web reports run on Report Application Server 9 with the DHTML viewer. I am prompted to login to the database when there is no database password. The database is located on another server, so I've tried using a mapped drive, a url, and an ODBC data source. I've also tried granting access to "Everyone" so that security permissions won't be an issue. Does anyone have some suggestions for me? Web reports running against a MS SQL Server work fine. Thanks.

Currently, the report connects using a Access/Excel(DAO) type of connection with it mapped like you said \\machinename\path...\file.mdb. Do you mean something different that this?

I've tried the ODBC route and that didn't work either. It runs correctly from the Crystal Reports Designer on the webserver, but not from within RAS. Anymore suggestions in addition to that? Thanks :)

Hi HFTHdfries, have you made any progress on this ? - I am encountering exactly the same problem, and getting nowhere in trying to solve it

Are all of your users entitled with full control on the folder in which the database resides? We had a very similar problem with RAS 9 in connecting to our SQL database, but after messing around with entitlements, we got it to work fine...

Hi all

I am also getting this exact problem. I have tried a direct mapping, as well as DSN via ODBC and OLE DB, with the same result. I continue to get a login script for the database. There is no security attached the database at this time - testing phase. I can run the report from CR directly, but once it is dropped into the RAS site, the logins continue.

Did anyone come up with a solution?

I am running CR 10 Developer, and reporting off an Access Database.

Cheers

Gez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back