Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access: Invalid Page Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

scclem

Technical User
Jul 10, 2001
US
If I am posting this in the wrong area, please let me know.

I am having a problem with a specific PC that when starting any Access Db that has either an Autoexec macro or forms set to start in the Startup settings, is giving me the following error message:

MSACCESS caused an invalid page fault in module Kernel32.dll at 0167:bff8585c.......

Databases that just open to the database window work just fine and this database still functions on many other PCs running various O/S's.

Specifics:
O/S = Win98SE
Access: = 2000 sp1a

To date I have:
Searched Microsoft Knowledgebase with no luck.
Ran an Office Repair which did not help.
I've also completely uninstalled Office, rebooted and did a complete reinstall. Also, did not help.

At this point I am open to any suggestions that may help me.

Scott

Shot in the dark, but it could be an MDAC issue. Run the MDAC utility found at to see what level the system is and if there are any mixed version problems.

If you update MDAC, you might want to only go to version 2.5 with Win98, although it really depends more upon what kind of applications you run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back