Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access install reference library error name conflicts with existing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimpal

Technical User
Oct 16, 2012
US
I recently upgraded to MS Access 2007 and my reference library connections are no longer there. I am trying to use MID and REPLACE functions in queries that are not working. I am trying to add Microsoft DAO 3.6 library and keep getting error 'name conflicts with existing module, project or object library, but I don't see this libarary checked off.

What am I doing wrong?

I believe that the mid and replace functions are contained within the "Visual Basic for Applications" dll, but it would be helpful to list what references you do have so that we can try to help resolve the conflict.

I have:
Visual Basic for applications
Microsoft Access 12.0 Object Library
OLE Automation
Microsoft Office 12.0 access database engine object library

The Microsoft Office 12.0 access database engine object library already have references to DAO.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

You have two issues. Both should be fixed by creating blank database in 2007 and then importing the tables, queries, forms, reports, and modules into the blank database.
As PHV points out you will not need to add a reference to DAO
The problem with the string functions is the reference to VBA. You likely have multiple references to different versions. Again this problem will fix itself by creating a blank db and then importing your objects.

The problem with the string functions is the reference to VBA
Sorry to disagree.
Any problem in the references will break the intrinsic VBA functions.
So is ms-access ...

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back