Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access input mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

47redlands

Programmer
Mar 9, 2010
GB
Hi I have created a database and it will hold clients name and address including postcode. I wish to put an Input Mask for the postcode. By default the postcode for MS Access is
>LL0 0LL
MS Access writes "every postcode follows the above format". For example Cambridgeshire CB4 2XC, Hampshire HA5 8MR etc. but surely many postcode do not for example London postcodes, here are some: N17 6AD, SW17 7TY, N9 0NT.
How does one go about creating an input mask to represent the other format?

input masks are used to force the user to follow a particular formatting alerting them to errors. Simply using one mask for different formats wont work. You would need to qualify the input with vba based on the city checking for the appropriate format. Thoughts? Also you couldn't assign the input mask at the table level as it cant use more than one per field

I'm from Canada so we don't have this issue all postal codes here use the same mask

HTH << MaZeWorX >> "I have not failed I have only found ten thousand ways that don't work" <<Edison>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back