Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access error 283806 when opening reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberBI

MIS
Feb 4, 2009
CA
I have a MS Access 2003 mde file on a shared folder. It works fine when running reports on locally and remotely on my PC via LAN. But on my colleague's machine, when running the reports, it shows this error:

the MS help is not very helpful.

I try making a copy of the mde on my colleague's machine and runs locally, it does work either.

Any idea?

Sounds like that computer is missing a key file that is used in the database references.

You should get into the code and then go to references. On his computer you will see the checked off references, one of them will have something to the sort of MISSING. If you hover over it it should give the path to the file it is expcecting - write it down. Then on another PC (where the DB works) find the file and copy it to where the other PC has the missing reference.

Thanks for your prompt reply Knicks!

But on my colleagues computer, how do I view the reference as it is grayed out? (on VB editor, Tool > References).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back