Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ms access database maximum size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hengsin

Technical User
Mar 26, 2003
MY
Something very interesting issue to think of. Personally, i believed that there will be limitation in Ms Access like Ms Excel on the database it can store. The maximum row that Ms Excel can go is until 65536. So, what if the database in Ms Access is reaching maximum i.e. cannot store additional data anymore. Is there any build-in mechanism in Ms Access will alert the user that Ms Access is existing its limit and user is better to start another new database what are the solutions for this problem.

Thanks

Lim Heng Sin

It all depends on how you approach the development of your database. Access has a file size limit of 2GB but splitting a database or linking Tables from other databases really makes the size issue somewhat difficult to get a firm handle on. It could get to be many GB's larger than 2. I don't know of any built in mechanism that will warn you when you are approaching the 2GB level.
Do you have a specific concern or is this just a general question.

Paul

It was just a though because i believed i should put something mechanism to check this one in my future ms access database design.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back