Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access Applications Running Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

aphisgirl

Programmer
Feb 10, 2004
US
I'm the app manager of MeetingTrak w/SQL Server database. The PCs are all upgraded with the latest service packs and MDAC 2.7.1. The app is written in MS Access 2000 and it runs slow which is critical. I decompile, compile, compact & repair the database on a regular basis as well.

Any ideas for performance enhancement?
Thanks!

Since the back-end is on SQL, you should consider turning your front-end Access database into an .MDE (MS-Access Executable). This will stop the need for Compact & Repairs since MDEs are not written to anymore, like the MDBs, which grow in size just looking at them. It also prevents people from toying with the file, which can be done while the file is still in it's database mode (MDB).

If your still having issues, then you might not have enough procedure built into your SQL database. The strengh of SQL is to have the queries ran on the server and not by the MDE...unfortunatly, I'm not a programmer so I'm not sure how they make them.

"In space, nobody can hear you click..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back