Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access '97/MS Office '97 Compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanmc

Programmer
May 31, 2001
CA
Hello ...

My company wants to upgrade from MS Access 97'/MS Office '97 to MS Access 2000/MS Office 2000 or MS Office XP, and I was wondering if MS Access 97' is completely compatable for these upgrades -specifically for MS Access because of the storage of database information?

Thanks,
Ryan

Access databases will need to be converted as the format has been changed. Users who open previous-version Access databases in Access 2000 can manipulate data and use the application, but they cannot make changes to tables, queries, reports, forms, macros, or modules. The resource kit for OFF2000 contains some white papers about conversion, I suppose the same will go for XP. The XP resource kit is available at The OFF2000 resource kit can be found at TechNet, just search for resource kit office2000.

IS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back