Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS ACCESS 2013 Append query to sql server via ODBC connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillygirl33

Programmer
Feb 13, 2014
US
I have a Visual Basic 6.0 application with a backend MS ACCESS DATABASE. The MS ACCESS database has a linked table to MS SQL SERVER database. I have an APPEND query that when triggered writes the information from the database to the sql server via ODBC connection. I have several copies of this database on 6 different Client machines (windows 7). Out of 6 machines only 2 work all the time.

I have check the ODBC connections, they are all fine. I have gone into the access database to make sure the link is properly setup.

My question is this - what could possibly be different on 2 machines compared to the rest?

Thanks in advance.

It would really be helpful to know if you get any error message? If so, what is it, and where is the code that fails.

The speculative judgment of the quality of an answer is based directly on … what was the question again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back