Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access 2013 and Stored Procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

batteam

Programmer
Sep 12, 2003
US
To any MS Access 2013 users out there: if you were using an earlier version of Access as .adp projects with SQL back end tables AND stored procedures, were you able to convert to MS Access 2013 by linking your SQL tables AND by linking your SQL stored procedures? Or were you only able to link your SQL tables and have to convert to pass-thru queries from the Access side?

My department has been using Access projects very successfully for years and have quite a few Access db's with many, many SQL tables and just as many stored procedures, some very long and complicated. All work very, very well. But now, within the next two years, we will be upgrading to Access 2013. How much (future) trouble are we in?

Many blogs on the internet reference 'linking' SQL tables but no one specifically addresses the stored procedures.

Not sure if I want to hear the news, but will welcome any advice, info on this. Thanks in advance.

I've not used 2013 but I expect it has not changed much.

You can link your tables and use ADO or SQL Pass-thru queries for your stored procedures.

The catch of course may be that Acess treats all tables the same whether they are native or whatever and you may hit some performance snags whith the ACE database engine doing table scans where it may be less likely in an ADP. Access client-server has entire books on the subject. You also may do better with this question in the Other Topics forum as 2013 user's are not likely to look in the ADP forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back