Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access 2010 Database login required when opening a report using Logicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

setaylor07

Programmer
Oct 17, 2014
US
I am using Crystal Reports 11. I have an ODBC connection to an MS Access 2010 databse. My users are promped with the Login Screen. We do not know the login and password in order to get into the report. How can I prevent the screen from displaying?

My users are using Logicity version 1.7. The Access database does not require a password to open.

I am using
CR Developer; Product Type: Full
Product Version 11.0.0.1282

Thank you.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=716047ef-9cd0-4b92-94c6-dcb84a91531f&file=CR_Database_Login_Screen_invalid_password.PNG
Is it working without asking for login when you run the report in Crystal reports designer ? Are you using the same DSN on your development machine ?
If you are not using username in your DSN try to set it to Admin.

Viewer and Scheduler for Crystal reports, SSRS and Dynamic Dashboards.

Thanks for replying.

I do not get prompted when running the report in CR designer. I believe I am using the same DSN in dev as on the users pc. I will try admin as a username.

You need to check also if your users have access to the path where the database is saved.

Viewer and Scheduler for Crystal reports, SSRS and Dynamic Dashboards.

Thanks to all for the replies and advice. The fix included installing the MS Access 2010 database engine and configuring the DSN to use the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back