Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access 2007 closes and errors when clicking on las record

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmarkvenas

Programmer
May 28, 2009
US
Hi,

We have an Access 2000 ADP file that I opened up into Access 2007. On a couple of my users workstations when the user opens up a datasheet view with 50K records in it and clicks on the LAST RECORD button it will attempt to go to the last record but then Access 2007 will error out and tell me it is closing then it will ask if I want to backup the database.

Any ideas why this is happenning? It doesn't happen on every users workstation.

I tried changing the Filter Option Lookup to 100K records but it didn't seem to help for every user.

Thanks,

Kevin

It would be a pain but you might have some luck if you convert the ADP to 2007 for the Access 2007 users. The pain will be converting the 2000 version everytime there is a change.

You might also try doing it when noone is adding and deleting records and see if it works then.

You say "when the user opens up a datasheet view"...of a table or a view?

What happens if you scroll down to the next to last record, then arrow down to the last...does it still error?

I once had a similar issue with a view in that I'd go to the last record, but it was actually going one further and throwing an error...I just needed to add an error trap in my view...i.e.:
do until rs.eof

If you can't get anywhere, another possible workaround would be to use a single form view form (instead of datasheet view form) with a big combobox to display your records..then you could put your own navigation command buttons on the form..go to last record, go to first record, etc..you just have to set the rowsource of the combobox to be an existing view, or a simple inline query.

Steve
---------------------------------------
IF WebApplicationProgrammer = True Then
ElectronicSheepHerder = True
End If

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back