Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access 2003 - You do not have the necessary permissions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlsGal52

Programmer
Aug 9, 2003
US
When one of our newer employees got his new PC, he was having problems opening one of his Access files. When I tried to help with the security level on the file, I used the wrong "Security" under the Tools pulldown and really screwed things up for him.

Instead of going to Tools/Macro/Security, I went to Tools/Security and can't even tell you what we did after that.

All I know is...NOW he can't open the file at all. He gets the following message and I don't know how to get rid of it. Also, it created an ".mdw" file if that helps.

"You do not have the necessary permissions to use
the "..." object. Have your system administrator or
the person who created this object establish the
appropriate permissions for you.

I've even tried deleting the mdw file and uninstalling Office and reinstalling to no available.

Can anyone shed any light as to what I did and how do I fix it? :)

Somewhere (most likely on the local computer) you should be able to find the unsecured backup created as part of the security wizard process. I believe the file extension used is bak.

Let them hate - so long as they fear... Lucius Accius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back