Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MRU Lists and Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

BajanPOET

Programmer
Jul 12, 2002
BB
Could anyone help me to write a most recently used list for the forms in my MDI application? I have seen a couple applications where the MRU lists the four most recently opened windows, and I would like to implement something similar in my own application(s).

Thanks

Hi BajanPoet,

You can do that a lot of ways.
You can make a file in which your program writes a list of last used files, or make it in the registry. Thats up to you to decide.
Choose one and ill help you :D

If you succeed then help others do the same :)

ken Christensen
Christensenken@hotmail.com

Well, I would like to use the registry, as I have seen that being done with the code that I have found so much. :)

Thanks a lot - I appreciate it.

Will this code allow me to move between forms in my application rather than opening the most recently used files? That's what I really want to do...

hi BanjoPOET, (sorry for the slow responce. Didnt see your reply.. SORRY!... :D)

Iam not sure waht you mean.
But. You can write the information to the registry and then you can get the information again as many times as you want.

If you succeed then help others :D

ken Christensen
Christensenken@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back