Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MRTG traffic display--change from bytes to Mb or Gb

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmster66

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2006
US
Hello all!

This question may have been already asked, though I did not see what I was looking for in the forums. I have MRTG running, and all is working ok. What I am looking to do is to change the display from bytes to Mb or even Gb.

I am familiar with modifying the config file, but everything I try errors out. I have tried things like using Mbytes, Gbytes, megabytes, etc. With tose options in the config file, MRTG wont run as a dameon; it just erros out. So far all that works is just bits and bytes.

I am watching a GIgabit link on a ProCurve 3500yl-48g switch.

I know that MRTG can display MB and Gb as I have seen it do that before. Does anyone know how this can be acheived in terms of what needs to be added in the config or other files?

I appreciate any and all the help that I can get.

Thanks!

Is this what you're referring to in regards to MRTG?

If so, have you tried there for support? It doesn't sound like a Windows issue to me at all, unless I'm missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back