Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MRP dates are driving material buys too early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evamarie11

Technical User
Apr 6, 2011
Hello,

We currently use Macola ES version 9.5.700 and no one here is very familar with how the shop calendar dates work in Macola, and we do not have a consultant to ask. I have two issues which no one can seem to resolve, so I'm turning here for help.

1. When we run MRP, it gives us the error message: "Records merged into MRP have an invalid date, please check the shop calendar." What needs to be fixed in order to get this error to stop?

2. MRP is driving me to buy parts too early. For example, we have a FG item that has a 4 week LT built in. The sub-assy has a 6 week LT, and component "A" within this sub-assy has a 2 week LT. Now, the FG due date is 1/23/14 and MRP is driving me to bring in the component "A" on 1/17/12. None of the part numbers (FG level, sub-assy level, or component level) have a negative inventory to start. Does anyone know what might be causing MRP to spit out a CP msg to buy component "A" and bring it in more than 2 years early?

I would appreciate anyone's help in figuring this out.

Thank you,
Eva Marie

Hi Eva Marie,
We use Progression, but I cannot imagine there are great differences between the two packages. In Progression, there is a Shop calendar located under MRP, Maintenance, Calendars. Make sure whatever Calendar Number you are using has an end date out into the future.
The second option under Calendars is the Reporting Calendar, again make sure there are periods extending out past 1/23/14. You can also initialize your MRP Work file, which for Progression is under System Manager, Processes, Initialize Manufacturing, only do the work file (initializing the wrong file can be dangerous)

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back