Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MQSI, How to extract what queues are conected by message flow? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mi294r3

MIS
Dec 2, 2002
US
Is there a NON-interactive way to obtain a list of what queues are connected together by a message flow. For example a local queue may send mesages to a remote queue via a message flow, but since the remote queue name is not an attribute of the local queue I can not easily obtain the name of the remote queue name. I would like to automate a process to get a picture of END-to-END message processing. Any thoughts would be helpful.

JRjr [ponder]

There are 2 ways that I know of to do it - neither are very pretty!

You can export the flow (using the command line Support Pack if you're using MQSI 2.1) and then parse the XML to get the input and output nodes.

Alternatively, you can get the information from the ConfigMgr database. This is not documented by IBM but the structure seems pretty straightforward - at least at this level. I have had to do this on several occasions e.g to identify the UUIDs of different flows with the same name.

Cheers,
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back