Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MQSI Control center problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathewpx

Programmer
Oct 25, 2002
US
Hi all,
I recently installed MQSeries Server V5.2.1, DB2 7.1, MQSI V2.0 on Windows 2000 Server Machine.. I followed all the steps explained in Installation Guide (bipyac03.pdf). I could create, start Configuration Manager and Sample broker successfully. I even imported the sample applications (postcard,soccer,scribble). My problem is when I start Control Center, I am getting the following error message in Windows Event Viewer :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event Type: Error
Event Source: MQSIv202
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1707
Date: 10/25/2002
Time: 12:21:55 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DELL-SERVER
Description:
( ConfigMgr ) Unknown user encountered within the Configuration Manager.

An unknown user exception was caught by the Configuration Manager RoleManager class when calling the UGRegistry class. The user has not been given access to the resource.

Retry the operation. If the exception still occurs, turn on Configuration Manager tracing to capture details of the exception, and contact your IBM support center.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not able to check out the topology from the Topology tab !! Is it because of the above mentioned problem.. I am struck here.

Please help me..

Thanks,
Mathew.

Hi
Refer to the USING THE CONTROL CENTRE Manual and the following section:Managing access to Control Center tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back