Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MQSeries Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

saikrishna80

Programmer
Dec 18, 2003
FR
Hi,
I have installed MQseries V 5.2 on HP UX.
Now i have an interface wherein the application sends messages via Mqseries.
I have a request queue where the application requests for some data from a database.Now the response is put in another queue i.e the response queue.

Now when i runrumqsc command to actually know the CURDEPTH of the response queue it goes upto 500.It should not go high and i want a way to reduce the CURDEPTH of the queue.

Please give me an answer to this

Regards Sai Krishna

The only way I know how to drop the current depth is to delete some messages from the response queue.

Yes, it's a queue. One program puts the messages on, and another takes them off again.

The client program that puts the original message on the request queue should normally do an MQGET on the response queue to obtain the response (and therefore remove it from the response queue).

<quote>

normally do an MQGET on the response queue to obtain the response (and therefore remove it from the response queue).

</quote>

Not necessarily...it would depend upon your options as to whether it would get removed or not. In your case it csounds like you are browsing the messages and not doing a destructive get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back