Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MQSeries Listener

Status
Not open for further replies.

HrothgarV

Programmer
Oct 30, 2001
US
Hi,

We have installed MQSeries 5.2 on a sun solaris box, created a default qmgr, and started it. We have successfully tested the connection between this queue manager and another qmgr from a different location. Next thing we did was to setup a client connection from an NT box to the solaris box. I ran the MQSeries listener (runmqlsr) and got an error back AMQ9218 (The tcp listener program could not to bind to port 1414). The error messages manual explains that another process may be using the said port. I've verified that the /etc/services has the 'MQSeries 1414/tcp' entry and the /etc/inetd.conf has the 'MQSeries stream tcp nowait mqm /opt/mqm/bin/amqcrsta amqcrsta' entry. I have a channel (TEST.CHANNEL1) defined as SVRCONN using TCP.
The error I am getting from the client side is x2059 (queue manager not available). I assume this is because of the error running the listener on the server.
Have I missed anything? Is there a pre-requisite process to run before running the MQSeries listener? Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks,
HrothgarV

Check your processes list to determine if the listener is still active from the other hook up. I have noticed that ending MQ gracefully is not as easy as it might seem. Also make a new entry for another TCP port. use that one for the other box. These are my suggestions.

i've already figured out the error. i don't need to run the mqseries listener as the the unix tcp/ip listener is already running (and thus using the port 1414). the error caused by the client is a user authentication error. the user logged on the client machine is not defined in the solaris box.

thanks anyway guys,

hrothgarv

You may need to install a patch. We had a similar experience here and it turns out that the Sun Solaris version of MQ Series 5.2 has a bug in it.

You can find this patch at;

look for an FTP link called U474789 (CSD02) and click it to download the patch. Be sure to peruse the readme.txt file before applying the patch.

I hope this helps.

Hi,
I see your using MQSeries on a Solaris box. So I figured you may be able to respond to the following:

The project that I am currently involved in requires changing our workflow database from DB2 to Oracle. The configuration that our team has decided to use is shown below. I included both MQSeries Workflow version 3.3.1 and 3.4 because we have not yet decided which of these we are going to use and also because version 3.4 is so new I don’t imagine that anyone has used it long enough to provide feedback. What I’m looking for
is information such as: success stories, installation tips, hints, warnings and possibly a source to go to if we run into installation problems. The most important information that I’m seeking is whether or not anyone has implemented this set up successfully. Any help that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in Advance,
Christine McDonough

Set up #1
MQSeries Workflow Server:
Hardware
- A Sun workstation with a SPARC processor
architecture as supported by Sun Solaris
- Main Memory : 512 MB (minimum)
- Hard Disk Space: 2 GB
Software
- Sun Solaris, Version 7 or Version 8 (32bit
mode ) Operating System