Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MQGET-GMAMSA Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhsdutoit

Programmer
Oct 13, 2010
ZA
I haven't work with MQ before and needs to change a program, making use of the MQGET call. My problem is that we read messages from the queue before the full message has been posted on the queue. I did stumble on a document that try to explain how to use the GMAMSA option and GMLOGO option. I tried it seperately and simultaniusly, but not getting the desired results. With the GMAMSA option standalone, I switch this option on before the first read and immediately off after the first read, but then it doesn't read the messages from the queue at all. I played around with the different combinations but are not sure that the test data was correctly put on the queue everytime. I will appreciate it if I can get an example of a RPG program using the MQGET command with the GMAMSA option. "MQGMO_ALL_MESSAGES_AVAILABLE option". ps I am a RPG programmer for more than 20 years, but never worked with MQ before. Regards, Kalie du Toit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back