Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MQGET call fails to read with comp code 2 and reason code 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybereka

Programmer
Nov 14, 2002
US
Hi,

I am new to MQSeries..

Basically I have my server running on a Unix box and have installed a client on a Windows box. I have a application written in C/C++ which reads the queue and gets the data and process it.

It works fine upto 4MB data. When i try to put a 6MB data and try to read from the queue it fails at the MQGET with the complition code 2 and response code 2010.

More over i found some information on the error log of the queue manager:

AMQ9208: Error on receive from host eka (172.28.1.39).

EXPLANATION:
An error occurred receiving data from eka (172.28.1.39) over TCP/IP. This may be due to a communications failure.
ACTION:
The return code from the TCP/IP (read) call was 131 (X'83'). Record these
values and tell the systems administrator.
----- amqccita.c : 2758 -------------------------------------------------------

Could any one help me how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Eka...

What do you have as your maximum message lengths for the queue managers, channels and queues...the default on some platforms is?........4Mb!

I made my MAXMSGL of the Q Manager to be 20MB and my Q to be 10MB.. I don't know any idea about the Channel.. Do i need to set for that too?

Thanks for ur response Kevin...

I do set the Server.Channel's MAXMSGL to 20MB. This is the one i am connecting to from the windows box. But still getting the same error. Am i need to set anyother channels message size too.. or Am i missing something else..

I am not sure that 20MB is supported (total memory loss here). Try 10. You may have to look into segmenting your messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back