Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MQ monitoring using Java code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadirpatel

Programmer
Mar 28, 2001
GB
Hi,
I need to write a code so that it monitors a particular MQ Q and pop's an alert if messages are not reviced for more than 2 or 3 hours. I need to know are there any api's that I can use to query the last update time of each MQ Q ?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Kadir,

I am also looking for something on the similar lines. Please let me know if you hit upon something.

Reach me @ idfortekniks@hotmail.com

-Engi

I can't be sure of what you mean.

Are you saying that you should never have an interval of 3 hours where no message come in to a queue.

There is no attribute that tells you when the last message was removed from a queue.

Perhaps you have already found a different way to do this. By having your application that is reading the queue, read/write to a file the time and date of the last successful get, and replacing it after each get You have the same or a second application that reads that file with read only and checks to make sure that the last date and time is not more than 3 hours in the past. You can be clever in the checking program and when you read the time and date. Put the application to sleep to wake up again 3 hours from the last time/date entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back