Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MQ client on NT,2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiqid

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2001
US
We are running MQ on Solaris and I installed the client on an NT workstation. The documentation for the client is terrible. I don't have a clue what to do with this client. I was hoping I could use it to move messages in and out of the queue on the Solaris box. I would really appreciate a live conversation with someone that can help get us going with this project. If you are willing to let me pick your brain a bit, please reply and I will email you to get your phone number.
Thanks
CDavey

Hi,
I'm trying to get the following information on MQSeries Workflow on a Solaris Platform using a Oracle database. I noticed your request in the MQ Forum and thought that you may be able to help me out. Can you please take a look at the following:

The project that I am currently involved in requires changing our workflow database from DB2 to Oracle. The configuration that our team has decided to use is shown below. I included both MQSeries Workflow version 3.3.1 and 3.4 because we have not yet decided which of these we are going to use and also because version 3.4 is so new I don’t imagine that anyone has used it long enough to provide feedback. What I’m looking for
is information such as: success stories, installation tips, hints, warnings and possibly a source to go to if we run into installation problems. The most important information that I’m seeking is whether or not anyone has implemented this set up successfully. Any help that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in Advance,
Christine McDonough

Set up #1
MQSeries Workflow Server:
Hardware
- A Sun workstation with a SPARC processor
architecture as supported by Sun Solaris
- Main Memory : 512 MB (minimum)
- Hard Disk Space: 2 GB
Software
- Sun Solaris, Version 7 or Version 8 (32bit
mode ) Operating System
- MQSeries Server for SunSolaris 5.2
- MQSeries Workflow Server for SunSolaris v3.4
- Oracle Client 9i (v9.0.10.)

MQSeries Workflow Database Server:
Hardware
Software
- Sun Solaris, Version 7 or Version 8 ( 32 bit
mode) Operating System
- Oracle 9i (v9.0.10.) Workflow DataBase

MQSeries Workflow Client:
Hardware
- PC with an intel-based processor
- Hard Disk Space: 60 MB
Software
- Windows NT 4.0 Workstation Operating System
- MQseries client for WinNT 5.2 + CSD 5
- MQ Workflow client for WinNT 3.4
- Oracle Client 9i (v9.0.10.)
- VB 6.0 Application using Workflow Active X
API's

Set up #2

MQSeries Workflow Server:
Hardware
- Main Memory : 512 MB (minimum)
- Hard Disk Space: 2 GB
Software
- Sun Solaris, Version 7 or Version 8(32 bit
mode) Operating System
- MQSeries Server for SunSolaris 5.2
- MQSeries Workflow Server for SunSolaris
v3.3.1
- Oracle Client v8.1.7

MQSeries Workflow Database Server:
Hardware
Software
- Sun Solaris, Version 7 or Version 8
(32 bit mode ) Operating System
- Oracle v8.1.7 Database

MQSeries Workflow Client:
Hardware
- PC with an intel-based processor
- Hard Disk Space: 60 MB
Software
- Windows NT 4.0 Workstation Operating System
- MQ Series for Windows v 5.2 + CSD 5 Client
- MQ Workflow client for WinNT 3.4
- Oracle Client v8.1.7
- VB 6.0 Application using Workflow Active X
API's

Hi chiqid,
I joined the MQSeries today. And I first found your question. I have been using MQSeries more than 1 year.
Regarding your question,
Your MQ Server can be on any machine and MQ Client can be any machine. MQ Client provides certain APIs by which you can connect to any MQ Server running on the same network. You can send and receive message from any queue belongs to a queue manager. All you have to do is write a piece of code. Go to where you have installed MQ Series Client, then check the tools folder, under that you will able to see header files for both C/C++ and libraries are available under lib folder. You can also see some sample programmes written there. Try to use them first. You will get to know.

Hope the above information will be of little help.
Thanking you,
Ansuman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back