Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MQ 6.0 installation and MSCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuigi

Technical User
Mar 6, 2007
FI
Hi,

Had a bit of an argument with an outside consultant and came here (and few other places) to confirm his claims. Im new to MQ on MSCS and his a senior consultant but I find it hard to believe his claims.

Can anyone confirm these claims:

Is it somehow harmful to install MQ 6.0 on a cluster node so that the datafiles go directly to the disk shared by the cluster (not the quorum disk of course)?

The point to his claim was that when you have a QM which is clustered in MQ and is also on a MSCS-cluster, you cannot have MQ installed so that the datafiles go directly on the shared disk. Sounds preposterous to me.

Another claim was that the MQ MSCS resources should be in the default MSCS group with the MSCS default resources. This is MSCS issue of course but it's not the recomended to do an MSCS cluster this way. So I was just wondering if MQ is somehow exception to the rule. Personally, it sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

Last question is: when using MSCS, is it in fact preferable to install MQ in such away that the datafiles go directly to the cluster shared disk? Considering that every resource in MQ will be clustered on MSCS.

These things may seem obvious to most people but I gotta size this guy up. He is working on a major production system and if he is full of BS then we are in trouble.

Anyways, thanks for any help in advance,

regards,

Spuigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back