Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mput command

Status
Not open for further replies.

adelinewss

Programmer
May 22, 2000
SG
Hi,<br>I have a question on mput command.&nbsp;&nbsp;May I know does mput command have a function in which it will not point for answer every time it wants to put a file?&nbsp;&nbsp;Imagine I have more than 100 files that I need to press enter 100 times.&nbsp;&nbsp;Any idea?&nbsp;&nbsp;Thks.<br><br><br>Rgds,<br>Adeline

I assume you're in ftp. If so then before doing your mput use the command prompt. This will stop ftp asking you for confirmation before each file is sent.<br><br>Dave <p>Dave Hamilton<br><a href=mailto:dhamilton@gio.com.au>dhamilton@gio.com.au</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

ics007, thats true.<br><br>Just remember the <b>prompt</b> is a toggle. When you use the prompt command the first time it sets the ftp promgram to <i>non interactive mode</i>, and when you use it again it returns the ftp program to <i>interactive</i> mode.<br><br>I hope it works...

Another useful toggle I've found with command line FTP is the <b>hash</b> toggle.&nbsp;&nbsp;Type <FONT FACE=monospace>hash</font> to toggle on or off the printing of a hash mark for every 1024, 8192, or similar, bytes.&nbsp;&nbsp;Useful if you want to make sure a FTP has not stalled. <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>--<br>
0 1 - Just my two bits

hi andy,

m'be u would like 'tick' command more.... if ur files r very large and u hate seeing the screen run off

-afaik
shail

ok,
if 'tick' starts a counter that keeps printing the no. of bytes xferred and (| / - \ chars successively). itworks on linux looks like not avail elsewhere.

afaik,
shail

Hi,
To avoid answering all the times u can connect the host
like this
#
# ftp -i <host IP/ host name>

Then it will ask for login name and password.If u do ftp
now, ex 100 files are there , it will transfer silently.

regards.
Suresh
suresh_amul@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back