Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mpeg playback

Status
Not open for further replies.

axman505

Technical User
Jun 20, 2001
US
I have some MPEG files that used to play back fine on my computer. It has since been upgraded, etc. And now they play back, but the audio and the video are playing at an increased speed. Is there a fix for this?

You don't say which player your using but if I assume its Windows Media Player, if you right click on the player whilst your mpeg clip is playing, you can choose the playback speed. Make sure it's set to 'Normal'.

I have tried every media player i can think of, regardless of what play I use, the speed of the playback is still faster.

The reason why multiple video players are having the same problem is because they are likely sharing the same codecs. A majority of players out there (particularly free ones) are nothing more than an alternative front-end to Media Player, using all of its codecs. So if one codec gets corrupted, obviously that will effect more than one player.

What I would do at this point is uninstall and reinstall Media Player, making sure you are using version 7.x or later.

If that doesn't do it, post back with the following information:

1) Version of Windows
2) Version of Media Player
3) Items that were upgraded on your PC

~cdogg
[tab]"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind"
[tab][tab]- Aristotle
[stpatrick2] [navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back