Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mp3 Streaming, Passing file name from HTML to flash 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickjbud

Programmer
Jun 13, 2002
GB
Hi

I am trying to creat a simple flash movie that has only one button to turn the sound on or off. Using the behaviours window I can add streaming mp3 files to the button however I wish only to make the one swf and be able to change the streamed mp3 using parameters on the html so that when a different page is loaded the same swf is used but the mp3 has changed, the mp3 filename been stored on a database. How do I go about doing this?

TIA

Regards

Mick

Thanks once again Ken.

I have managed to create a text box which loads whatever I put in the flashvars param in the html however when I pass this value to the video object as in:
newVar="stream_ns.play(newVar);

It doesn't play the vid, however when I give the inText.text a value within flash it does.

Does the video object not accept variables in this way or am I doing it wrong?

I don't wish to use the text box but I have done to test if the flashvar has been passed into the movie.

TIA

Regards

Mick

Ignore previous message.

Doh! Was testing the page from c: drive and not on my server. It works fine.

Thanks again Ken.

Hi all

I am wanting to stream an mp3 using the netstream object so that I can trigger a switch in javascript when the mp3 has finished playing.

When the page loads the mp3 is initially set to play and when the user selects an option from a drop down menu the music continues to play this is achieved through a js switch, However when it has stopped playing I want flash to set the switch to false so that when a user selects another option the mp3 is restarted.

I know I can achieve the above using FSCommand to communicate with flash however I cant seem to get the music to play using the netstream object and I can't find anything on the web.

Can you stream MP3 without having a streaming server? Is there a better way of doing this? If id add ound using behaviours can I get streamed data informatin from this?

TIA

Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back