Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mp3 playing problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sle2002

Technical User
Jul 16, 2001
US
Hello -

I have a large and long (29 minute) mp3 file that I would like to play using a flash based mp3 player. I have tried several players but they all play back the mp3 extremely fast and no matter what fps or other changes I made to slow it down it continues to play too fast.

I am playing both from the library and also have tried playing an external swf which has the audio file inside it - but all methods play the audio far too fast - they sound like the chimpmunks.

Does anyone know why or have any ideas on how to remedy?

I did try another method of bringing the mp3 file onto the timeline but it is far more then 16,000 frames which is the limit - I don't know if the length of the mp3 matters?

thanks!!

Also, the mp3 file plays fine when played through WMPlayer so I know the file isn't corrupt.

I think you are correct that its an audio file problem.

I have a wav file with a sample rate of 8000 and bit-depth of 16 bit (mono). I have tried converting to different sample rates (20050 and 44100 - the only ones that flash will play) with no success. Any suggestions would be welcome. Perhaps I should abandon mp3's and find a wav-based audio player solution.

thanks for the links and tips.

I was able to convert it to an mp3 but I still get the chipmunks. These are original wav file specs:

53 mb
uncompressed
8,000 Hz
16 Bit, Mono

I've tried changing thse sample rate to 22050 and 44100 with no success. Maybe the original wav file doesn't have enough data to convert to a mp3?

Oldnewbie -- I ultimately got it to work using your suggested link:
I downloaded the lame (that's the real name btw) utitility and followed the DOS prompt instructions - it took a few attempts but it finally worked. Now the converted wav to mp3 file plays fine in the flash mp3 player i have.

thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back