Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mp3 player...downloading and changing music files 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

justout

Technical User
Dec 7, 2003
US
Hello,

Hopefully some insightful person can help me w/ the following problem.

I have an iRiver-899 mp3 player.....I loaded songs to the iRiver music manager from various cds, and thought they were loading to the mp3 player, however, even though I saw the folders and files, when I checked further, the files had loaded as .cda files from the windows media player. Since nothing recognizes these files as playable music files, they will not play on the mp3 player or any other audio player. My grand question is.....is there a way to change the files' extension to .mp3 or .wav so it will load and play on the mp3 player?

Please keep in mind, if there is an answer for this, walk me through it slowly. This comes w/ great appreciation :eek:).

Thank you.

The songs from a cd are wav files. You have to use a program that converts wav to mp3. Audiograbber is one such program, although there are probably better ones around, even free ones.
If i recall correctly nero has one such program as well and i think win xp has a built in converter, not sure on that though.
In the end, the songs on a cd must be converted to mp3 format and then uploaded to your Iriver player as the player wont upload and play wav files. .cda files denote a wav file.
You could also go to a site that specializes in music, go to their forum and ask around about a wav to mp3 converter.

Good advice + great people = tek-tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back