Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mp3 on front page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am trying to use an mp3 on a page as a background sound. When I get it to upload on my server, anyone who opens the page ends up with it downloading on their comp...any answers

I am also trying to use an MP3 as a background sound on my site, have you had any luck?

Better late than never:
the following should work
<EMBED SRC=&quot; of your audio file not forgetting the extension.mp3-wav-midi etc&quot;;HIDDEN=&quot;tr
ue&quot; AUTOPLAY=&quot;true&quot; AUTOSTART=&quot;true&quot;>

Here's what I've done:
<embed src=&quot;filename.mp3&quot; width=&quot;200&quot; height=&quot;40&quot; AUTOSTART=&quot;FALSE&quot;><noembed>Gee, I'd like to play this nifty MP3, but you don't support it.</noembed>

If AUTOSTART is true then the MP3 will try to play as soon as it can. If false, it will wait for the user to press play.

Adjust the width and height numbers to suit. If I recall correctly, height=40 was the minimum to get a controller to appear. Dave [idea]
[]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back