Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MP3 Audio Splitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

danp123

Technical User
May 24, 2003
GB
Is there any way to split an audio track up, i have layla and we will rock you and want to split the mp3 file so i can have just the guitar solo, is this possible?

Hi,

I am no expert on audio editing, but if you have some decent sound editing software (not MS Sound recorder) then it is possible - copy one part, paste it to a new file, then copy the rest and save it to a separate file.
I found that Nero WaveEditor (supplied with CD burning s/w) and Creative WaveStudio (come with sound cards) both work well, but neither can deal with MP3's direct - they have to be converted to WAV files then converted back to MP3 afterwards.
Remember that MP3 files are highly compressed, so the pc has to decompress the data on the fly, which is why most sound editors can't deal with mp3's directly.

John

I have found a brilliant program which splits the MP3 straight off its a gem
the program is called cool mp3 splitter
this might help someone else

First of all, you will most likely need to convert your MP3 file to a WAV for editing purposes. A simple program like Winamp will do this job. In the output settings, select 'Disk Writer' or 'Output to File'. Once the WAV has been created, you can use virtually any audio editing software titles out there to split your WAV as splitting is a very simple task.

try a google search on the words "mp3 splitter"
many out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back