Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MP Troubleshooter error

Status
Not open for further replies.

fargo

Programmer
Nov 9, 2000
GB
Hi
I have set up a test network for SMS, everything seemed OK til I used the MPtroubleshooter. This passed all of the tests except one which threw up an error...
If the MP is W2k3: Verify that the BITS Web Extensions are enabled Failed Public member 'BITSUploadEnabled' on type'_ComObject' not found.

Everything else seems ok so far, I have discovered clients OK

mucho thanks........

Try running the MPTroubleshooter on the server itself instead of remotely. If you still get the error, verify that BITS is enabled for IIS. You can verify this by going into add/remove programs and click on Windows Componenets | Application Server | IIS | BITS.

Thanks for your reply...............

The mptroubleshooter is on the SMS server and BITS
is installed and 'Allowed' in the ISS manager
this is why I am stuck....

have you gone into services and actually enabled bits extensions?

so check by going to right click My Computer | manage | services and aplications | IIS | web service extensions | make sure bits server extensions and webdav is in there....you will see a few sms related things also (hopefully :-D )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back