Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mozilla; can't move profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakota81

Technical User
May 15, 2001
US
I've got a machine at work with a profile that began with Netscape 4.7, converted to Netscape 7.1, and now it's coverted & running under Mozilla 1.5. I want to move that profile onto another computer, but am running into difficulties; most all of the profile is recognized by the new machine, all except for the mail folders, so on the new machine all I see in Mozilla Mail is the headers for each of the accounts under the profile, no e-mail folders & no emails appear.

Anyone seen this, have any advice? Anything?

Have you tried creating the profile (at least giving it a name) first on the new machine and then copying the files over to the profile? This is how I've done it and it seems to work just fine.

I got the answer of Mozilla's newsgroup; if the path of the profile is being changed, you need to edit the "Panacea.dat" and "prefs.js" files so they use the new paths to access certain features, such as e-mail the folders (those files have absolute paths, not relative paths, in them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back