Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mozilla and keybord in Slackware 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

manek

Technical User
Apr 10, 2003
CZ
Hi,

I run Slackware 9.1 on PC [Athlon 2000, board Microstar, ram DDR 512M, video card matrox MGA550] and have problem with mozilla in KDE 3.1.4.
When I start browser Mozilla 1.5 is everythink OK until I
press any key on keybord [e.g. I want to write url in search bar], then cursor stops flashing and mozilla freeze, then I can do <killall mozilla-bin> only. With mouse I can insert text to search bar normally. The same problems were with Mozilla 1.4 and Slackware 9.0.
In konqueor is keyboard working properly.

Can you give some helpfull tips?

Thanks, Manek.

Go into the KDE control center and make sure that you have congfigured your keyboard properly (right keys and locale). If it still happens, post back.

I remember a friend having the same problem. He changed some Mozilla setting, I think it was related to the &quot;Find as you type&quot; feature, and it worked.

//Daniel

Thanks all of you, especially to Daniel. You were right, the problem was in setting &quot;Find as you type&quot;. I set it off and everythink is OK.

Manek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back