Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

moving worksheets from 1 workbook to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

varajan

Technical User
Oct 5, 2001
IN
Hi,

I have about 7 excel workbooks. Each work book has few worksheets. However, the format of all the worksheets are same.

There is a requirement to combine all these worksheets ( from each of the workbooks ) into a new workbook, and put the details from each worksheet one below the other.

Is this possible ? If so, can somebody guide me on this ?

Thanks,
Rajan

You will want to be in the MS Office forum instead of Access, but you should look into creating a new workbook, then adding as many worksheets to it as the final one will have, then iterate through each workbook and iterate through each worksheet in it and copy the filled region onto each of the new worksheets, then rename the worksheet. I don't think that you will want to do a worksheet.copy because it causes problems if you have more than 255 characters in a cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back