Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving VSS database and keeping old files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachefur

Programmer
Jul 23, 2003
US
I'm in the process of testing connecting to a VSS database that has been copied to a new server. The old database will eventually go away. My hope was that I would be able to keep the old working folders and files. I tried the following:

1)Opened the new database through VSS explorer
2)Kept all old working folders and files
3)Got the latest from VSS to the old working folders

This was not successful. When I get the latest, all local VSS files (e.g. mssccprj.scc) change to the new location. This gives the appearance that the new connection will work. When I open up the project, however, it still sees the old location. My code is ASP.NET. Am I trying to do something that is not possible?

I have had success after clearing out all of the local files and bringing down the latest from VSS. I was able to keep the old working folders but not the files.

We will be migrating a large number of developers to the new database. I was hoping to make the migration as simple as possible. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

Please try re-binding the project/solution by clicking File->Source Control->Change Source Control->(Unbind/bind)

Thanks.

– the version control and issue tracking software provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back